About the Role
We have a requirement for Trainee/Graduate /Assistant Quantity Surveyors for Construction & Development work.
Based from Head Office, with regular location on site expected as part of the job role. Our sites are mainly North West based, although some of our clients do work throughout the UK. Project values typically range from £100,000 to £4.5 million, and the work content is varied, ranging from traditional new build and refurbishment to Design & Build. Our customer base ranges across Education, Public Sector, Residential, Industrial and Commercial.
The preferred candidate will have good Mathematics and English qualifications, have a commercial mindset, be willing to learn, and look to develop their skills further.
The successful candidate may have current experience within a busy construction company, and will:
- Work to value variations, prepare and agree Valuations.
- Manage subcontract packages.
- Analyse and negotiate subcontracting orders.
- Regularly prepare Cost and Value reports.
- Value and issue correct notices to Subcontractor applications.
- Possess good Commercial and Contractual awareness to manage day-to-day issues, particular experience with JCT suite of contracts is important.
- Work on Construction contracts in public and private sectors and also B&E Boys’ own Developments
- Have involvement with Tenders.
- Possess excellent Outlook, Excel, Word and numeric skills, be good communicators and commercially aware.
B&E Boys is a highly successful second-generation building company based in the beautiful Rossendale Valley. We have expertise across the full spectrum of building works from refurbishment to property building and development, successfully delivering a diverse range of projects with contract values ranging from £100,000 to £4.5 million in both the Public and Private sectors.
Quality is a family tradition at B&E Boys, recognised through high levels of customer satisfaction and a number of external Quality Awards including ISO9001, ISO14001, CHAS Accreditation and Investors in People.
B&E Boys’ Core Values of Quality, Professional, Dependable, Determined, Helpful and Community, unify our company as one team striving towards a shared goal. We take great pride in our organisation’s excellent reputation and appreciate that each and every member of our team has a vital role to play in delivering a high-quality service to our satisfied customers.
B&E Boys employs Chartered Surveyors and those aspiring to that qualification.
B&E Boys Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to Apply
In the first instance, please send your CV and references via the link below, or to firstname.lastname@example.org