About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a Yard Man has come available . It is a hands on role and the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery team of Construction Projects by ensuring maximum personnel, vehicles, materials and plant efficiency of ongoing activities in construction, development and property investment sectors. PLUS ensuring that reclaimed and surplus materials are stored, and available for re-use from our yard, joiners shop, and maintenance department.
The candidate will have a good eye for detail and take pride in their work, must be Health & Safety compliant and be open to continued, relevant training.
All applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK, and have a full, clean Driving Licence.
General duties of the role include:
- To open up the business premises at the beginning of every working day before personnel arrival, ensure the upkeep of all vehicles and plant being ready for use including fit for use, cleanliness and servicing. Reporting any unreported vehicle damage or faults and arranging their ongoing upkeep through our supply chain.
- Occasional opening up of our maintenance depot and joiners shop.
- Communicate with each site, and the Company Buyer, in relation to planning and arranging the allocation of vehicles, new and reclaimed materials, being mindful of staff travel requirements both proactively and reactively.
- To visit sites, properties and suppliers to make essential deliveries, collections, and assist with site set up, and clear ups, re-distributing equipment and materials back to the relevant department/location/yard.
- Control and ensure the upkeep of our storage and recycling yard.
- Supervising labour to assist with duties when required.
- This role is a part physical ‘hands on’, part supervisory role.
- Report to Director/Contracts Manager.
B&E Boys is a highly successful second-generation building company based in the beautiful Rossendale Valley. We have expertise across the full spectrum of building works from refurbishment to property building and development, successfully delivering a diverse range of projects with contract values ranging from £100,000 to £7 million in both the Public and Private sectors.
Quality is a family tradition at B&E Boys, recognised through high levels of customer satisfaction and a number of external Quality Awards including CHAS Accreditation, ISO9001, ISO14001, and Investors in People.
B&E Boys’ Core Values of Quality, Professional, Dependable, Determined, Helpful and Community, unify our company as one team striving towards a shared goal. We take great pride in our organisation’s excellent reputation and appreciate that each and every member of our team has a vital role to play in delivering a high-quality service to our satisfied customers.
B&E Boys Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to Apply
In the first instance, please send your CV via the link below, or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.